Llangennech Infant and Junior School School PDG Statement
The Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low-income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (e-FSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than six months (LAC).
Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC.
As a school we have agreed the following three steps:
1. to identify the target group of pupils, its characteristics and needs
2. to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources
3. to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources
In 2017-18 Llangennech Infant and Junior School were provided with a PDG allocation of:
Llangennech Junior School £14950 a £4800 Early Years.
Llangennech Infant School £18400.
At both schools we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by Carmarthenshire Local Authority and ERW, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding.
We have used the funding available to:
enhance teaching and learning by providing programme of support.
· improve attendance of target group by using interventions.
· support learners and their families.